The Siddha Yoga path is a spiritual path of inner transformation based on the study and implementation of the timeless teachings of the Siddha Yoga Gurus and enlivened by the grace of Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, head of the Siddha Yoga lineage.
Just west of downtown, in the River West neighborhood, the Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Chicago is a space open to all who wish to learn about and engage in the Siddha Yoga practices. Rooted in the wisdom of India’s ancient sages, the Siddha Yoga path welcomes people of all faiths and cultures and teaches that divinity lies within each human being.
THE SIDDHA YOGA MEDITATION CENTER IN CHICAGO HAS REOPENED!
We welcome you back to the Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Chicago with great anticipation and excitement!
As we prepare to welcome everyone to the Center, please take a few moments to carefully read the following safety measures and COVID protocols before you plan to attend an event.
We want you to be familiar with the procedures that are in place for everyone’s health and safety. These protocols are based on the results of the online survey that was previously sent to everyone on the Center’s email list to complete.
- If you are not feeling well, if you have any COVID symptoms, have tested positive for COVID in the past 10 days, or believe you may have been exposed to COVID (or any other contagious disease), we ask that you do not attend the event at the Center.
- No proof of vaccination is required to attend. However, everyone must always wear a mask while at the Center. Please bring a mask you are comfortable wearing. If you forget to bring one, masks will be available at the Center.
- Everyone will have to fill out a COVID Declaration and Consent Form. You can find the form here; print and fill it out at home and bring it to the Center. Hard copies of the form will also be available at the Center.
- Please arrive at the Center at least 15 to 20 minutes before the event begins. This allows for your temperature to be taken before you enter Suite 207, the form to be completed, and time to adjust to seating comfortably.
- There will be ample space within the Meditation Hall. Chairs will be spaced 4-5 feet apart to accommodate up to 18 chairs in the Hall and 4 people seated on the floor. 8 to 10 additional chairs will also be available in the Amrit area.
- There will be two HEPA air purifiers — one in the Hall and one in the Amrit. Windows will be open, weather permitting.
- We recommend you bring your own cushions, blankets, and chanting books. These items will be available at the Center if needed but cannot be sanitized between uses.
- During Darshan, please do not kneel before the chair. A pranam may be offered by standing in front of the Guru’s chair or from one’s seat in the Hall. We ask that you not touch pujas or sandals.
- If you test positive for COVID within 7 days of attending an event at the Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Chicago, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 312 738-2798.
- Please review the Calendar page for the upcoming schedule.
We are delighted to be able to start meeting again in person and look forward to seeing you at the Center. If you have any further questions, please email at email@example.com.